WINTER FLY TYING CLASSES
The annual CVTU/South Middleton Twp. fly tying class dates have been established. Classes begin on Tuesday January 29, 2019 and will continue every Tuesday night for Eight weeks ending on March 19, 2019. Classes are held at the Boiling Springs High School from 7 PM to 9 PM.
The classes are divided into TWO groups:
- BEGINNERS/LIMITED TYING EXPERIENCE
The BEGINNER/LIMITED EXPERIENCE group will be led by Jerry Kerstetter. This class covers the basic methods of fly tying, building your skills each week to become a proficient tier after eight weeks. Participants should have their own basic tools – tying vise, scissors, bobbin, whip finishing tool, etc. These tools are sold at local fly shops. If you don’t have these tools, we can provide them for you. All course materials including hooks will be provided.
The INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED class will be led by a different class leader each week. The classes will be led by the following group of outstanding volunteer tiers. Don Albright, Tony Dranzo, Darwin Gaston, Clark Hall, Biff Healy, Steve Parker, Ken Okorn, and Neal Sunday. This class is designed for the tier with some experience and a desire to learn new techniques and patterns. The participants are asked to bring their own tools to class and then tie along with the leader. All course materials including hooks will be provided.
Important information about the classes and registration instructions are as follows.
- Youth participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a registered adult.
- Fees: $ 15 for a township resident if you register before January 15. $ 25 if you register after January 15. $ 21 for a non-township resident registering before January 15 and $ 31 if you register after January 15.
- Register Early. Class size is somewhat limited due to class room capacity.
- Register by mail using the form below beginning DECEMBER 1ST.
- Register on line, by phone, walk in, or mail on TWP form beginning December 14, 2018. Credit cards accepted beginning December 14.
- South Middleton Twp. Website for All Recreation Programs Sign-Up – https://apm.activecommunities.com/smparksandrec/Home (after December 14, 2018)
Call 717 258-4441 after December 14 for phone registration or information.